- Product Liability Defense
- Product Liability Defense Lawyers
HAWS-KM attorneys provide sound strategy, focused advice, and comprehensive evaluations and recommendations for our clients during the course of litigation. HAWS-KM draws upon the many insights our attorneys have gained working with a diverse range of clients over three decades.
A Team Approach
We view a team approach, working with in-house counsel and our client’s engineering group, as a critical part of a successful defense. We want to know our client’s business, understand their product and design processes and meet with their key players early on.
Product Liability Clients
With more than thirty years of experience in the realm of product liability, HAWS-KM lawyers enjoy a national reputation of excellence in representing product manufacturers and retailers. Serving as local, regional and national counsel for a number of companies, we are involved in a broad spectrum of product litigation such as:
- Agricultural equipment
- Aircraft, aircraft engines and their component parts
- Construction and industrial equipment
- Playground equipment
- Dietary supplements
- Food products
- Household appliances
- Recreational equipment
- Technical and electrical equipment
- A multitude of other consumer products
Our Litigation Philosophy
HAWS-KM’s litigation philosophy is founded on the importance of early and ongoing case evaluations.
- HAWS-KM attorneys strive to identify critical issues early on and make recommendations to handle the case appropriately.
- We work closely with clients to determine which cases should be pressed to trial and which should be resolved early on.
- The trademark of our success is that HAWS-KM lawyers are not afraid to try a lawsuit if necessary – and our opposing counsel know it.
- We are fully prepared and have the experience and fortitude to ask a jury to determine the outcome of a case and have success in doing so. This is a distinguishing feature of our lawyers and which is very beneficial to our clients.
- Many of our trial attorneys have hands on experience with the products we are defending. This provides a unique advantage which often translates to not only effective cross examinations of witnesses and experts, but also a cooperative and team approach in working with our client’s engineering group and in-house counsel. At the same time, we are mindful of the costs and risks associated with defending these types of cases, and will work to effectively resolve a case in a manner that best achieves our client’s desired objectives.