As a trusted legal advisor, you can expect Gustavo to handle your matters as if they were his own and work diligently to solve them. His approach begins with attentive listening to understand your goals. He will identify, evaluate, and explain your options and risks so you can make informed decisions. Clients rely on him to proactively help them avoid problems and costly mistakes or mitigate damages when they have a conflict. If necessary, he vigorously defends clients in court. Gustavo is always ready for the challenge of complex litigation issues.
Before joining HAWS-KM, he worked for five years at a litigation firm in the Twin Cities, where he represented clients on complex legal matters. Gustavo is licensed to practice in Minnesota. He received his J.D. from the University of St. Thomas School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, and his B.A. in History and Political Science from the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Alabama. Gustavo is fluent in Spanish.
Outside of work, Gustavo and his wife enjoy spending time outdoors, hiking, and camping. They love music and often attend concerts with friends. Gustavo is an avid reader of history and fiction books. Having grown up in Alabama, he is an ardent fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide football team.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN), St. Paul, MN
- Volunteer: provided pro bono legal assistance with affirmative immigration claims
- Court Appointed Juvenile Advocate, Huntsville, AL
- Child advocate: conducted research and investigation of custody placement of minors, collaborated with agencies for services to support minors, and drafted reports of findings and recommendations to judge